Saturday, January 21, 2012

Commitments? No, thank you.

sunsets...

It’s not as if I am the only person who knows the correct answer. It’s just that I was the only one who dared to voice it out. Me? Being great in English? Puh-lease! Spare me the flattery, the intimidation, from both of our sides. I mean, seriously, I just can’t say it but it makes me really uncomfortable, to the point where I do not take my work seriously anymore.

Here’s the logic behind that, I do good when I really love the topic. It’s not being well-versed in vocabulary, or grammar, or whatever. I just do what I think I like. So there’s no point in tasking me to do something just because you have witnessed how great I was the time before that. Before and this are really of different matters, and I really appreciate people who just ignore me for it, and just continue on doing his/her business. I make snide comments here and there, but please don’t be affected like what I said was absolute, because this is just me. Me.

Don’t suggest something, and then look at me with eyes that of looking for approval? What do you see me as? A fu****ng counselor? No no no sir! I’m just like you.

One might think that I’m basking in the glory of it, when in fact, it is just the opposite. I’m terribly uncomfortable, and I’m sorry, but this is who I am.

The reason behind your logic: It’s because I talk. A lot. There are people who are so academically inclined, but have problems on expressing themselves, and I’m not saying I’m the opposite of those, because I sure as hell cannot express myself very well too. The problem comes when my belief has just been questioned. Yes, it is then that I’ll talk. I will talk, and then suddenly, you’ll listen. Then suddenly, I’m a God, can someone kill me??? Oh, and yeah, I might as well be a good politician, without the charisma and stuff.

That leads us to the conclusion that I hate commitments!
I don’t like being responsible for things that in my opinion, won’t do me any good.
That’s just it!
The more they force things on me, the more I decline.
That’s my instinct as a human, my defense mechanism.

Because above all, I really hate disappointing others.
And I’ll surely do that if I make a promise, and then fail to keep them.

Good day to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment